Wednesday, October 25

So...

last night we were at our friend's house for dinner (it's the usual Tuesday routine)...had a great time. Stayed WAY too long! Didn't get home until waytoolate:thirty. It is now 12 inthe afternoon and I am still trying to muster up some energy. The 2 cups of coffee hasn't worked yet. I remember the days of staying out til all hours of the morning, coming home to sleep for a few hours, going to work an 8 hour day just to do it all over again. What happened!? Age? Responsibility? Having babies? Probably all three...

So I am sitting here at my computer when I should be doing some work around my house. Feeling guilty about that and then reading this in my bible study....

A model of a good wife..

"It says she takes care of her home and runs it well. She knows how to buy and sell and make wise investments. She keeps herself healthy and strong and dresses attractively. She works diligently and has skills which are marketable. She is giving and conscientiously prepares for the future. She contributes to her husband's good reputation. She is strong, solid, honorable, and not afraid of growing old. She speaks wisely and kindly. She doesn't sit around and do nothing, but carefully watches what goes on in her home. Her children and her husband praise her. She doesn't rely on charm and beauty but knows that the fear of the Lord is what is most attractive. She supports her husband and still has a fruitful life of her own which speaks loudly for itself."

... I fall so short! Sometimes I wonder if she ever had toddlers!?

Why or how is it that on days like this, I "happen" to read something like this? I know, and I am gently reminded by God's grace, that I can only be her with God's enabling and my surrendering. It is good to be stretched and challenged from time to time. It is what can get me up out of my chair and get me moving once again!

If you are still with me, Bless you! Thanks for letting me write this out loud. I know in my group of friends we struggle and and strive for this daily. The good news is, is that she IS attainable. I've caught glimpses of her in so many women I've known in my life. My mother for one...

Anyway, hope you have a good rest of the day...

Happy Wednesday!


** the paraphrased version of Proverbs 31 was taken out of the book I am studying called, "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. I highly recommend it !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger