Wednesday, October 18

Baking, baking and more baking...

I have caught the baking bug! Which is unusual for me because I never considered my self a baker....haven't done much of it. However, this year I decided I would try my hand at it, and I am really enjoying myself. Here is what I've made so far...

1) Halloween sugar cookies (with the girls)
2) 2 doz Chocolate chip cookies as a thank you for the fire fighters who came to McKenzie's school.
3) 3 doz oatmeal peanut butter chip cookies
4) 1 loaf of bananna bread
5) 2 loafs of pumpkin bread...yummy!

...and there is still more I want to try...

If you have any holiday baking recipes you'd like to pass on, please do...I would love to try it!

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey Grace -- send me your email address again, please -- it got lost when I got a new compu! In them meantime, if I can fit them, here are two fall recipes I love:

Pumpkin bread (makes 3 loaves, so plenty to give away!):

3 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup veg. oil
2/3 cup water
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
4 eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin (pretty much the whole can)

Sift together sugar, flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add oil, eggs, water and pumpkin and mix well. Pour into muffin tins or loaf pans that have been sprayed with oil. Bake at 325. Bake muffins about 20 minutes or loaf pans for about 1 hour. Makes 36 muffins or 3 loaves.

Cranberry Bread:

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup orange juice
1 Tbsp grated orange peel
2 Tbsp shortening
1 egg, well beaten
1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, coarsley chopped
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda in a med. bowl. Stir in OJ, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan. Bake for 55 mins or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 15 mins; remove from pan and cool completely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger