Monday, October 9

7 years ago...

this day, October 9, 1999, I married Robbie. I still remember it like it was yesterday. The WHOLE ceremony, I can tell you about everything that happened. People's faces, the laughter as our pastor asked for the rings and Robbie was handed a tightly sealed with duct tape Dr Pepper box (he loved the Dr like water) only to find a tightly sealed with duct tape sock full of rice and a gumball wedding ring! I remember every song that was played and for what part it went with. I remember seeing Robbie's face as my Dad began the long walk with me down the isle to give me away. I remember my oldest brother wiping tears off his cheek as the story of Ruth and her kinsmen redemer was told. I remember how beautiful my sister looked as my maitron of honor with her hair pulled up full of babys breath flowers. I remember my mother barely holding it together. I remember my brother Mike lighting the candles and how proud it made me feel. I remember that I wasn't happy with the flowers. NOT at all what I had imagined, but I got over it very quickly, wasn't going to let it ruin my wedding day.

I only had 4 brides maids, but each one represented something special to me. My sister, of course who has known me my whole life. A dear friend whom I knew in my childhood and into my adult life. Another good friend who took me under her wing and helped me to grow in my spiritual walk, and my sister in law who represented my new life.

Now, as far as reception, I CANNOT remember a thing!!! It is really all a blurr for me. I don't even remember what my cake looked like. Actually, there are 2 things I remember...Robbie and I and a few good friends playing and singing a few worship songs because that is how we met. We were both on the worship team at church. Robbie played rhythm guitar and I sang. And the last thing I remember was an hug from my new husband. We were both so, so tired and really just wanted to get away...and in that embrace he told me he loved me and asked if I was ready to go. It was a gentle hug, a connection hug that said to me that he wanted to take care of me the rest of my life! And he has taken the best care of me and my children, better than I could have ever imagined. I want for nothing!! I am seriously so blessed by him! I love him more and more everyday, every year. Yes, we have had our challenges. Mainly because he is male and I female, I don't think that needs much of an explanation. :) But it has been good, it has been great!! It was really a sweet, simple ceremony. It was us. That is who we are. Simple, easy going and full of love for each other, our children and our families.

"My beloved is mine and I am his..." song of solomon 2:16

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Darcy said...

Happy Anniversary Grace and Robbie!

Hope you guys are out having a nice date night!

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Grace & Robbie!
Love Aunt Judy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger